Dash at breakneck speeds through an ancient bamboo forest filled with deadly spikes, dangerous samurai and dazzling lanterns! Nanoscopic Ninja is a fast endless scroller which requires the reflexes of a ninja!
Created for LOWREZJAM 2018 - a gamejam where you make games with a 64x64 pixel resolution
Sound effects and music will be coming at a later date
Note: While the game is playable in both your desktop browser and mobile, the downloadable game is recommended (and less prone to bugs).
Controls for Mobile
- Swipe Up - Jump over samurai or spikes
- Swipe Down - Perform a Dash Attack on samurai below you.
- Swipe Right - Throw a shuriken to pop paper lanterns - be careful not to throw them at samurai!
- You can also Tap instead of swiping up/down to jump and dash
- Samurai will deflect your shuriken, but can be dashed into!
- Paper lanterns can be popped with shuriken for points, or jumped over for even more points
- You can jump over Spike Blocks
Controls - Keyboard (web and desktop downloadable)
- Up Arrow or W - Jump over samurai or spikes
- Down Arrow or S - Perform a Dash Attack on samurai below you
- Right Arrow or D - Throw a shuriken to pop paper lanterns - be careful not to throw them at samurai!
- You can also press Space instead of up/down to jump and dash
- F1 or 1 - Toggle parallax scrolling on the grass
- F8 and F9 - Change screen size while windowed (Desktop downloadable version only)
- F11 - Toggle fullscreen (Desktop downloadable version only)
- Jam Length - 17 days (1 August - 17 August 2018)
- Development Length - ~10 days
Click download now to get access to the following files: